Do you ever want to share access to Apple's services with your other family members? Family Sharing on your devices can let you and up to five additional family members share access to countless Apple services, such as Apple Music, Apple News+, Apple TV+, and further provided Apple Services. This month's blog will dive into everything you need to know about family sharing and all the benefits of Apple iCloud.
Family sharing can save you tons of money and help you control the content your kid downloads. Apple Family Sharing implies that whatever App Store purchases or Apple subscriptions one family member has already paid for, others will have access to without needing to pay again.
How to set up Family Sharing:
- Open Settings, then tap on your name at the top.
- Tap on 'Set Up Family Sharing'
- Click on 'Get Started'
- Choose what feature you want to share with your family (iOS 11 or later)
- Click 'Continue'
- Choose a Shared Payment method - family members will use this card to pay for iTunes, Apple Books, and App Store purchases.
- Tap 'Continue'
- Click on "Invite Family Members"
- If requested, enter your security number with your Shared Payment card, and then click 'Next.'
- An iMessage will appear with a link to the Family Sharing invitation.
- Type in your family member's contact name or a number, and then press send.
- Click 'Done'.
What you can share with Family Sharing
- Music, movies, books, TV shows
- Content and apps purchased through iTunes and App Store
- Apple Music subscription
- iCloud storage
- Screen Time direct reports, Which show you how much time you and your kids spend on devices (available starting iOS 12)
- Apple News+ subscription
- Location sharing to track all the devices in your family
Whether you need to enforce some parental controls for your kid's iPad or you want an easier way to share an app or media purchases with your parents, Family Sharing can offer you the tools across your Apple devices.
The benefits of Apple iCloud:
Apple iCloud is an Apple service that securely stores your photos, files, notes, passwords, and other data in the cloud. It can keep you up to date across all your devices automatically. Apple iCloud also makes it easy to share photos, files, notes, and more with your friends and family. It also allows you to back up your Apple devices using iCloud.
With iCloud, users can also find lost items and even locate friends and family. For example, the Find My feature allows iCloud users to track iPhones, iPads, Apple Watches, and Macs. Apple iCloud comes with all kinds of benefits and resources.
Some of Apple iCloud's features:
- Mac and Windows Compatible
- 5GB free storage
- Personal data storage
- Lost iPhone locator
- Multimedia storage
- Apple device setup assistant
- iCloud Keychain
- Saved browser bookmarks
- File and document sharing
- Parental permissions
- Family sharing tool
- Device syncing
When it comes to experience, quality service, and care, choose CityMac as your go-to Apple Authorized Premier Partner in Whatcom County and beyond. Fully equipped with extreme knowledge in all things Apple, we are here to support you! Whether you live in Bellingham, Burlington, Everett, or beyond, if you are looking for expert service and care with any Apple products, call CityMac today to experience our difference in quality service. It is what sets us apart!
Do you have a MacBook, iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, or AppleTV giving you fits? Or are you looking to upgrade your products and are exploring your upgrade options? Or do you need technical support for your devices? Our expert team of Apple experts is here to help you. At CityMac, we pride ourselves on extreme knowledge of all things Apple and are proud to continue to provide premium service to the community of Whatcom County and beyond Since 1992.
At CityMac, our entire team is here to help you with all of your Apple product and accessory needs; visit us today and experience the CityMac difference.